After much thought, many prayers and buckets of vomit, we have decided to have the g tube and nissen surgery for Bella. We don't go into this lightly and have spend months going back and forth about what is best for her.
Bella's reflux is so much worse. She is miserable and we are miserable watching her reflux and puke so many times a day that we don't even keep track of it anymore.
Our plan is to use the g tube only for "burping" Bella. She likes to eat her bottle and if we never put one feeding through the tube, that's fine with me. I also like knowing that if she gets sick or has a day when she isn't interested in eating we have a back up method. I am more then ready to not have her vomit multiple times a day. I look forward to taking the back out of the car that has 8 outfits for her, blankets, and a change of clothes for me.
I hope this surgery will help up in someways reclaim our life. I am so scared to take her anywhere for fear that she will get upset or gag and empty her stomach content in a less then desirable location.
Her surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday, May 7. We would appreciate your prayers. And as always many thanks for all the love and support you give us!
No comments:
Post a Comment