Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy 1st Labor Day

Well today Bella is celebrating her first Labor Day.  Her stats are as follows

Weight: 10lbs 7oz
Height: 23 3/4 inch

That means she is 9x her birth weight and has almost doubled in length.

Her head ultrasound is stable.  Her right ventricle is still too large, so we continue to wait and watch. 

She is eating better, still not taking a huge amount but we are working on it.  She has started on some baby food.  She does ok with it although sometimes she just gags.

She has rolled back to tummy a few times.  She has started to discover that she has toes.  When she lays on her back she brings her  legs up and reaches for her toes with her hands.  This is actually a huge accomplishment for her.

We are still doing therapy and I am impressed with how far Bella has come.  We have had the cerebral palsy talk with our therapist and she made me feel so much better about what that diagnosis means for sweet Bella.  Bella will meet her milestones on her own time.

We have several doctor's appointments in the near future.  We head back to Salt Lake in Oct. and to the eye doctor in Nov. throw in a trip to the heart doctor and the neurologist and we have a pretty full schedule.

Fall/winter is fast approaching and that will bring some changes to the Price family.  We have a few weeks before we go into RSV lock down.  We will pretty much confine Bella (and momma) to home.  She gets to go to her therapy and to doctor appointments and that is pretty much it.  We also will be cutting down on the people who come in and out of our home.  This is not because we don't love you and want you around....this is because even a simple cold could put Bella right back into the hospital...or worse.  So please please be patient and understanding of our situation.  You can help by calling, sending facebook messages and sending prayers of health our way.  We love you all and don't mean to offend but keeping Bella healthy is our number one priority.  We also ask that if you see us out and about please don't touch without sanitizing or washing.  Please also educate your kiddos about this too.  I completely understand how tempting a baby is to other kiddos (mine own included) but kiddos as we know are the best carriers of germs.  If I ask a kiddo to please not touch, I am not meaning to be rude...just protective.  Please don't get offended.

In other news, we have made it through 2 weeks of school.  Dallin is absolutely loving kindergarten.  He is slightly put out that he didn't learn to read on the first day of school.   Abigail loves 3rd grade (it helps that her teacher is a dear family friend), Abby is always keen to learn new things.  Allison is adjusting to middle school.  We have hit some bumps in the road with math but we will prevail.  She is loving band and is playing......the drums (oh boy)!  Matt is working hard like usual and trying to save up sick days so he can have surgery on his back.  I am here trying to push forward.  In all honesty the lack of hormones and pumping are wearing me down.  Helga (the breast pump) and I are going to try and stay friendly until Dec. then I think we will have to part ways.  I have enough milk in the freezer to get Bella to her adjusted first birthday and that was my goal.  I look forward to getting on some hormone therapy and begin working out again. 


I can't believe that it has already been almost 9 months ago that Bella was born.  The time goes so fast.  Treasure each moment!!  Love and hugs to you all!!

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, she's so pretty! Love you guys ~Roo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how honest and straight forward you are about having Bella's health as your #1 priority! Thank you for the reminder of how fragile she still is. We are certinly still including you in our prayers. Don't forget that even though I don't ever see you, I'm just a phone call away if you or yours needs help!
    Take care of yourself too!

    ReplyDelete