I am happy to report that Bella's Prilosec is working well. She is like a whole new baby. She smiles and coos and eats her bottles. She will still fight us a little sometimes but for the most part she is eating like a champ again. Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed that this continues. She is also willing to take larger amounts per feeding. We are up to 90ml (3 oz) almost every feeding.
We have also started with a new therapist who I LOVE!!! She was impressed when she first saw Bella. She said she never would have guessed that Bella had been through so much just by looking at her. We knew, but had it reaffirmed that Bella has some pretty significant tightness in her legs. We are working daily on helping her so that she can continue to grow and meet milestones on her own time frame.
While we were at therapy we saw 2 other kiddos that had serious brain trauma at birth. One little girl was 6 and she walked with a little limp, BUT she was walking and talking (things they told her mom she would never do). The little boy was 18 months and walking and starting to say cute words and blow kisses to Bella. Again, his mom was told he would never do those things. I teared up right there in the office. I wanted to go squeeze both of them and their parents and tell them how happy I was. Bella will walk and talk and be a happy girl. I know it!! It might take time and not come in the way my other kiddos did it but it will happen.
In other medical news, Bella is NOT having seizures (yipee). We do have to go see the eye doctor soon because her eyes, well, they shake or quiver for lack of a better way to describe it. And she has a lazy eye. So we will get that scheduled soon.
We will continue to have weekly head ultrasounds and visits with our neuro dr here in town. Then another follow up in Salt Lake later in the month.
I know I say this every time but thank you, thank you, thank you for your thoughts and prayers. They mean so much to our family.
I will post some pictures soon. We have a new pool in the back yard so my three oldest children look like little lobsters (yes, I get the mom of the year award for not remembering to sunscreen their faces). We even let Bella get her toes wet.....she didn't like it, not one bit!
Prayers continue for her to eat and grow!!
Thanks for the update. She is doing great!!
ReplyDeleteColin has the same thing with his eyes, and he hated the pool too! :)
ReplyDelete