Tuesday, December 20, 2011

12-20-2011 04:30am update

Bella has had a status quo night as they have been unable to wean any vent settings. Her last ABG appears to have improved but when u r on the highest FiO2 setting...She really just did not like being messed with so much after the PICC placement & x-ray to verify it's position. Dog-gone it! Just when we thought up & up....Common girl. Sodium level climbing so fluids changed again. BGs stable. Urinating a lot. I think it's time for the higher dose steroids & time to get her off the vent over to baby bi-pap. Breathe girl Breathe!

4 comments:

  1. Just getting so sick with worrying. That gut wrenching feeling because we are so helpless. Faith. Prayers. Positivity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a fighter and has a lot of prayer on her side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes she does! Love you Matt. Keep up the positive vibes for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Matt and Becky,

    I am good friends of both Deana and Kim thats how I saw your posts, my husband Shane says he knows Matt, forgive me if I can't quit place you guys, but regardless, I felt compelled to comment. We have 5 live birth, we lost 8. Our 3 boys where preemies. Not as preemie as your little angel. When our oldest was born we where told not to expect him to survive the night. He quit making surfacton(sp) He was born the very first year they started being able to give a baby surfacton. Needless to say he is a vibrant healthy 11yr old who reminds us daily he is a teenager! lol Anyway. Here's hoping things continue to improve for you guys, we are praying for your baby. I remember my first prayer as a mother, I layed sobbing in my hospital bed pleading with the good Lord to watch over my baby, and as sleep finally found me, a comforting voice entered my thoughts that said "I will, for you see he's my son to." It is my prayer that at this Christmas time you too will feel that love from your Heavenly Father, and know that he is lookin out for her, because she is His daugter to!!!
    Sending our best: Shane and Deanne Smith

    ReplyDelete