Monday, January 16, 2012

Back in the NICU

She tolerated procedure well, got her first haircut, head looks very abnormal but the shunt is working like it should! You can actually see the fluid collection pocket below her incision & shunt device. It's like a little fluid wave.

She is back in the NICU & just waiting for the anesthesia to wear off. She's just a bit sleepy. They allow her to rest, then start feeds tomorrow, then aggressive wean off of vent in next few days. They will start another round of steroids (different regimen) & continue with the pulmicort nebulizers.

Mama looks like she could use a massage or a Xanax or both. We are thankful she tolerated it well & pray no infections!

Thank you everyone for prayers & positivity!

Here's the post-op picture.

6 comments:

  1. Liz and I think we should start putting the xanax in her water that way she can have it and not know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Becky & Matt,
    So thankful that all went well today!! I have been praying most of the day for you guys & Bella. As tears flow down my face right now I pray to the Heavenly Father to give u & Becky some rest & comfort. My heart is so heavy for all of you!! But still from Mom to Mom, Becky she will be okay, I cannot imagine the way u all are coping with this but the Lord is with you all. God continue to strengthen Bella & her parents. Our hearts, prayers & thoughts are sooooo much with you!!! Love to all of u, Brother & Sister Collard!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go Bella!!! you are such a strong baby!!! we continue praying for you and the fam.
    kisses
    Beka Prica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad it's over and you can put this behind you! You can move forward now and concentrate on the next hurdle! I know EXACTLY how you both were feeling today. Landon had surgery towards the end and I shared that feeling with you guys today. I literally watched the clock today myself. We're praying for her here. She is one strong cookie!!!! Get them feeds starting and the vent off and then the fun can really begin! Congrats on today Bella and keep plowing through...you've got great parents and a wonderful family waiting for you outside those hospital walls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for your prayers. I am so grateful to have all of you supporting our family with prayer and uplifting thoughts. Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey~
    I'm glad Bella came through surgery well, you guys were sure on my thoughts a lot yesterday. I'll try and give a call today if my schedule allows; if not, remember I love you all a ton.

    Hugs and loves~
    Tif

    ReplyDelete