We made it home around 1pm today. All her doctor's were super impressed with how well she is doing. Her o2 is weened as low as it can go. She can't lay on her right side for a while and she doesn't like that too well. Prayers are continuing to be answered. Thanks to God!!
Our prayers now are that this shunt will allow her head the time it needs to figure out how to work right (absorb the CSF) on its own so she won't need a permanent shunt placed. We were told that only 20% of babies avoid a VP shunt. But, look at how many statistics she has beat already. She can do it again. I must add, that I know a permanent shunt wouldn't be the end of the world but it would be nice to avoid it if we can. We follow 2 preemie blogs and those sweet boys both have VP shunts and are doing fantastic (whoot whoot Pierce and Jack)!!! So I know it is in the Lord's hands. He knows what we want, he also knows what is best. We will take what comes and love life to the fullest.
In true Bella fashion, she once again said, "BRING IT ON!" when faced with another challenge. I think this is a good motto for her, one that will serve her well!
**The picture is from a few weeks ago. She loves being snuggled in this wrap. I love it because I have both of my hands free.
Sounds like she did great!
ReplyDeleteSo happy she is home...it is truly amazing how fast she bounced back.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad! Yea Bella!
ReplyDelete