Monday, April 23, 2012

Just an update

It has been a little crazy at the Price house.  Early Friday morning Bella started throwing up about 1/2 of every feeding.  So we called the Peds doctor and the neurosurgeon to see if we should panic.  Ok, I was already slightly freaked out.

So, one head ultrasound and 2 pediatrician visits later, I wish I had nothing but good news.   It has been determined that the throwing up was not related to her shunt (thank goodness).  She has fairly bad reflux and her medications were slightly tweaked again.  However, today we went for a follow up doctor appointment and when I went to change Bella's diaper so she could get weighed I noticed that she had blood in her poo.  My heart is in my stomach.  Really wasn't what I wanted to deal with today or ever for that matter. 

She has been so fussy since the new shunt was placed (don't know if there is any link between the two or just coincidence) but I am struggling with the inability to calm and soothe my baby.


We were sent home with a collection container and a "good luck".  I have rigged Bella's diaper with saran wrap and duct tape.  Wish us luck!!  Also, I would take any extra prayers you want to send that whatever is going on with her tummy and bowels will resolve itself and quickly.   This picture is how Bella, Matt and I are all feeling right at this moment.   Through it all, I remind myself that the Lord will not give me more than I can handle.  Happy pooping...... I mean dreams :)

3 comments:

  1. I want you to know I am praying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessi, thank you so much. I wish we lived closer so I could sit down and talk with you.

      Delete
  2. love her little bracelets. I think of, and pray for, the entire Price family.

    ReplyDelete