Sunday, April 15, 2012

Interesting day yesterday

Early morning wake up call fellow Bella followers. Many of you may not know but Bella has had an interesting last 12 hrs or so, along with some irritability & restlessness since she received vaccinations on Wednesday.
Well, last night around the 9:30pm. hour Bella decided to give mom, granny, then daddy a scare. She had a short bout of apnea, or no breathing, & then became pretty somnolent, kinda like a limp noodle. Well, we of course took her in to the ER to be evaluated & by the time we arrived she was back to her irritable self. But we had called the neurosurgeon & given her a heads up, who recommended that she at least be admitted overnight, but also had a head ultrasound done, then decided that it's time to put that VP shunt in (or long term shunt), possibly as early as Monday.
Yay us! What else can we go through as a family? What other trials need we experience? Does someone have an answer? Is our faith waning?
At least she's gaining weight, even though she's been a bit more urpy since Wednesday. Up to & over the 7 lb mark tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there! She is beautiful. Love and prayers to you guys!
    Monica Nave

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog through a comment you posted on the Adams blog. My son was a 23 weeker (born April 2011) and has a VP shunt. I'd love to encourage you, share our experience and answer any questions you have. You can email me at thepreemiepierce@gmail.com or find us at our blog www.littlebabypierce.blogspot.com. Praying for your sweet pea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you every one. Lindsay, I have been following Pierce for the last 4 months. I can't even begin to tell you how helpful your blog is. Often I just want to say Amen to your posts. I have to say the shunt scares me. Especially when everyone is keen on pointing out all the negative things. Has Pierce had to have any revisions? Right now we have decided to try another temporary shunt to give her a last chance to "figure" things out. Pierce and Jack are the 2 blogs that have kept me going and given me hope. I will take you up on the offer to email. I have only a million questions.

    ReplyDelete