Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Random Catch Up!!


Easter came this year, and with it new reflection. I have always been grateful for my Savior's atonement but this year I gained a greater understanding of what He really did for me. I know that it is through His grace and power that Bella is here with us today and making the progress she is making. Often I forget that He not only atoned for my sins but he atoned for my heartache and my sufferings. He did that not only for me but for all of us.

I also learned a little more about my Heavenly Father in the last few months. I gained a greater understanding of the pain He went through as He sent His son to suffer and die for us. As I watched Bella struggle and fight for every breath, knowing that I could do nothing more then just that, watch I realized that is what Heavenly Father had to do. He had to allow His son to suffer pain and bleed from every pore and then be nailed to a cross, all without interfering so that you and I could return and live again with Him. I know that in those moments with Bella I yearned to take the pain and transfer it to myself, as I am sure the Father wanted to do for His son.

I can now see some of the blessings that have come to our family from Bella's traumatic entrance into this world. I can also appreciate more my Father and His plan for His children. The atonement was necessary. And for reasons I may never fully understand Bella's birth at 24 weeks gestation was necessary. Our family has learned valuable lessons and our faith has grown by leaps and bounds. We came together in ways that I don't know that we would have otherwise. The future for Bella is still partially unknown to us, but this I know, we are never alone and God will continue to carry us as he has the last 4 months. I am reminded of the "Footprint" poem. Truly, when we look back at our lives and see only one set of footprints the Lord is carrying us, for we are NEVER alone. May we all remember our Savior, Jesus Christ, and what He did for us.

Becky

2 comments:

  1. As much as it hurts, I will never regret those lessons learned when He carried me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful testimony. Yes, it is in are lowest moments that we truly come to know our Father in Heaven and our Savior. I pray that all turns out well for Bella and your family.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete